Financial Planning Process
We design and implement a comprehensive financial strategy that will address all of your financial objectives. This involves overseeing all of the important details of your personal finance. It also entails identifying opportunities to improve your financial situation as well as recognizing issues and problems before they become acute.
What Financial Planning Is
Properly executed financial planning involves holistically integrating the following elements:
What Financial Planning Can Do for You
Examples of what properly executed financial planning can do for you:
We design and implement a comprehensive financial strategy that will address all of your financial objectives.
- We work with you to help identify and articulate your most important goals.
- We gain an understanding of the people and values that matter most to you.
- We help you set goals in alignment with the people and values that matter most to you.
- We gather relevant financial and non-financial information and data.
- We analyze and evaluate your current financial status.
- We review information such as:
Estate planning documents
Employee benefit documents
Amounts and types of your income, assets, and debts
Other pertinent information
- We quantify the gap between where you are now and where you want to be (your goals).
- We develop a detailed financial plan to help close the gap between your goals and your current situation.
- We build a financial plan designed to give you a most favorable chance to help achieve your goals.
- We help implement your financial plan.
- The implementation process may take several weeks to several months.
- We monitor your financial plan to make sure it's on track and give you a most favorable chance to achieve your goals.
- We identify opportunities that may improve your financial situation.
- We identify issues and problems before they become acute.
- We update your financial plan as necessary and appropriate with life changes – a birth of a child, job change, selling a business, etc.
- We update your financial plan as necessary and appropriate with external events like changes in the tax code.
Comprehensive financial planning is a complex, multi-layered endeavor that requires knowledge and experience in other disciplines like tax, law, insurance, accounting, banking, and other specialties. Since we don't provide legal, tax or accounting advice, we work with your tax or legal advisors on issues related to your tax and/or estate planning, and coordinate the activities of these advisors. You should always consult your tax or legal advisors before taking any action that may have tax consequences.